Wednesday 30 April 2014

Amla and Ayurveda

“What is this?” 
One of my overseas friends who visited my house showed the round shaped with greenish yellow fruit and asked the above question.
I replied him, “we call it as Amla or Indian gooseberry. Taste it with the mix of salt and chilli powder”.
He looked at me, had a piece of amla with that mix and said, “It has a sour taste but I like this”.
I remember the days when I was young. I used to drink water once I finished eating amla. Do you have such experience? Wow, it really tastes sweet!
Amla is so respected in Ayurveda. You will admit it once I explain about its benefits
.
Eating Amla with honey improves your eyesight and drinking amla juice makes one’s skin brighten.
When you apply amla with lemon juice on your scalp for 20 min and rinse off with water, you will get a shiny strengthen hair.
Amla has an excellent source of vitamin C and thus drinking its juice reduces premature gray hair, delays premature ageing signs like fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots.
It is good for digestion and a glass of amla juice has Vitamin C that is twenty times more than a glass of fresh orange juice. 
I hope you understand why it is celebrated in the life of Ayurveda.  If you would like to get a natural glow look, then go for Amla!


Research by NatturaBio

No comments:

Post a Comment