Tuesday 22 April 2014

Do you know the problems and solutions of night shift workers?

It is 8 pm on the clock. My dad stares at me.  Yes, I know that I am looking embarrassed. Today is my first working day in a leading organization. It all matters that I am going to work in the night shifts.  Now, I hope that you understand my excitement and tension. Some of my friends frightened me saying that it would be a tough task managing night shifts. They advised me to think twice about my job opportunity. They keep saying that I would get sleeping problem, weight problem, stomach disorders, emotional & behavior problems, stress, and so on. I never listened to them because I thought that they are just jealous of me! 

My cab arrived and finally I entered into my company. I enjoyed the environment there with my colleagues. Days went and I felt some differences on me. I rewind my friend’s advice. I should have listened to them. I couldn’t manage the night shifts. I entered into the cafeteria during my break time. When I tried to have my first sip of tea, one of my colleagues arrived there. Hey buddy, any problem? Why are you looking so dull? When he enquired, I shared my problem that matches with my friend’s advice. He smiled at me. I wondered how he looks fresh and active still at this time. He looked at my cup and said, “Keep away from the caffeine products, man!”.  And here, take this fruit juice. He moved the tetra packed fruit juice to me. I said, “I love tea”. “But this is not the right time to have fatty foods and caffeine”, he responds with a smile again. He goes saying, “Taking incorrect food at the incorrect time, and wrong quantity of food will disturb your digestive system”.  I nodded my head in acceptance. “I need more tips so that I can share them with my friends too”, I asked. Well, speak to your beloved ones before going to work and spend quality of time with your friends and family members on weekends that will make you less stressed out. While at work, avoid junk food but have dry fruits/ nutritious snacks and 6 to 8 hours sleep is very essential before going to the shift, he added. Make sure that you eat properly before you sleep so that you don’t wake up in the middle of your sleep. He finished his words. 

I am confident that I can lead a good lifestyle as others and night shift is no more damn to me. 


Research by NatturaBio

No comments:

Post a Comment