Tuesday 29 April 2014

Role of a cucumber in the Ayurvedic lifestyle


"It’s really hot now. I can’t go out without an umbrella or a shawl. I have to cover my face with the stole like a face protector”. My daughter speaks to her reflection in the mirror. I watched her and asked, “Are you going somewhere?”. “Yes mom, but I am getting afraid to go out, since it is very hot and my skin is becoming dull”. I said, “Add cucumber in your diet menu”. She raised a question, “Is that good for me?”. 

I said that it is good for one’s health and skin. Most of the people are not aware of the vegetables and its uses, like my daughter. You can have a cucumber while you feel hot and thirsty. This will lessen your thirst and refresh you.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m147/natturabio/cucumber-_zps99962880.jpg
 Place a slice of a cucumber on your eyes that will reduce the tiredness of your eyes and eye puffiness. Cucumber juice is good for our health and reduces hair fall. Add a few drops of lemon with the cucumber juice and then use it as a facial mask/ pack which will make your skin glow and improve your skin complexion.  Cucumber plays an important role in the manufacture of skin and hair care products. My daughter said gleefully, “I am completely prepared to be cool with the cucumber”.

Enjoy this summer with the cucumber salad!


Research by NatturaBio

No comments:

Post a Comment