Monday 28 April 2014

Do not think that Black Pepper is just a small one


http://www.pinterest.com/pin/565835140655271969/
"Granny, did you see my new toy”? “You know what? Dad has presented me a new watch. You really missed my birthday party”. My 9 year old son Varun speaks to his grandmother who arrived earlier this morning. He has many things to share with his grandma


My wife called us to have a breakfast. My wife has prepared a south Indian dish called ‘Pongal’ which is a favourite one of her mother-in-law. “Grandma, you haven’t seen my gifts yet”, my son still wants to have a chat with my mother. I thought he is not even allowing my mom to speak. “Varun, let us have our breakfast first and then you can have a word with grandma”, I said. 

Varun sits near to her grandma in the breakfast. The dish was served hot. It’s yummy smell increases my appetite. We started to have the food. “I don’t like this black colored seed”, says Varun. My mom watches him pick that black colored spice and keeping it in the corner of his plate. The grandma said, “It is called as black pepper and is good for our health”. Varun asked, “Are you speaking about this black colored one? “. “Yes, it is used for digestive problems like indigestion, vomiting, diarrhea”, the senior citizen replied. “But I do not have such problems and I am good now”, Varun tried his best to avoid the pepper. “It is always good to have pepper in the food. It has many medicinal qualities in it”, grandma replied in a polite voice. Varun raised his eyebrows in order to know more about black pepper.

“Black pepper is used in toothpaste for toothache. We can also chew it for throat inflammation. In fact, it acts as a remedy for sore throats, cold, and cough. Pepper paste can be applied for skin diseases. This superb pepper prevents ants and houseflies from entering the kitchen”. Varun wondered saying, “I thought it is just a small one but really it is great to know about black pepper. I will not try to avoid pepper anymore, grandma”.

Grandma is happy about making her grandson understand that size doesn’t matter but its characters.


Research by NatturaBio

No comments:

Post a Comment