Thursday 17 April 2014

Turmeric


I  remember an incident from my childhood. It was in a small village in Madurai. I was around 10 year old. It was holidays in grandparents home. We were a group of 8 kids from the street playing under a mango tree. When one of our friends fell from the tree, he landed on sharp edged stone. His right legknee was hit and started bleeding heavily. We were all panicked and didn’t know what to do. We carried him to my home and reported to my grandma. She saw him bleeding and then gave him first aid. Cleaned the wound with fresh water and wrapped a white cloth around the wound. She said he would be alright. One full day went and the next day, the wound was bigger and it looked like some third party particles went in his wound and that caused the wound to septic. As we were brought up in cities like chennai, we were used to going to doctor for everything. As I was expecting my grandma to take him to hospital, she did something else. Ever so calm, she opened the home made bandage and cleaned the wound again. She applied a yellow cream all over the wound. Then left the wound in open. I was wondering what was she doing. After 12 hours, in the evening, we were in for a surprise. His wound was almost gone. The cut was closed. The puss around the wound was vanished. And he seemed very much normal. What was the magic.. it was the turmeric, revealed my granny. Turmeric worked the magic on his wound. Its antibacterial formula worked tremendously on the wound and cured it. This is one of the many incidents in my life involving the super medicine, turmeric. 


Research by NatturaBio

No comments:

Post a Comment