Wednesday 7 May 2014

Why don’t you give a chance for your kids to play with green peas?

Green Peas


During my childhood, I loved to play with green peas in the kitchen when my mom asks me to take off the peas from the pods.


First, they should be rinsed under water before removing the peas from the pods.

Then shatter the top and bottom of the pods and pull off the thread that covers the most of the Peapods. Open the pods gently and remove the peas which are sheathed safely inside the pods.

It can be consumed raw as well as prepared. I love to have Peas soup, which is one of my favourite healthy recipes.

I remember my grandpa who said that there is no need of much artificial fertilizer for this plant, since it has the main source of nitrogen in it. Once harvested, the plant can be easily broken down in the soil and acts as an organic fertilizer. 

My advice to the youngsters is to keep the body healthy so that their skin will be healthy and glossy.

Greenpea contains vitamin A which is an essential nutrient for eyesight. Peas are cholesterol free and low fat. It improves digestion as it has high dietary fiber content in it. Smear a paste of fresh green peas on the burnt spot to ease its burning sensation.

Peas are the best source of nutrients that cares your skin and hair.
Don’t think that green pea is just a small spherical ingredient in the vegetarian pulao rice, but a seed-pod that speaks about health!


Research by NatturaBio

No comments:

Post a Comment